Come celebrate Spring & the "greatest 2 minutes in sports", while supporting community TV and join us for the 7th Annual Derby Day Gala on Saturday, May 5th! “This event allows us to continue to strengthen and enrich the services we provide to the community”, states Okemo Valley TV’s Board President, Julie Bowyer. In addition to operating 2 community access cable TV channels (on Comcast & VTel), Okemo Valley TV offers a wide variety of free and low-cost media services to local residents and community organizations, including the equipment and training needed to produce shows of their own. “Our sponsors as well as the support form the community means we are able to continue (that work)”, adds Bowyer. With Derby Day falling on Cinco de Mayo this year, Gala guests can expect there to be a unique blending of themes. The event also serves as an unofficial Spring kick-off party for the Okemo Valley Golf Club and is open to the public. There will be a dinner of “small plates” and entertainment included. Activities will include several locally-sponsored “horse races” with charity betting, viewing of the live Kentucky Derby, and a silent auction. Local fiddling sensations There will also be a cash bar featuring Derby and Cinco de Mayo-themed drinks. And we will also have live music from John & Ida Specker.
ADMISSION- General admission is $30/each in advance or at door
- We will be working from a guest list at the door (there are no physical tickets).
- RSVPs are requested so we can give an accurate "head count" to our hosts at Willie Dunn's
- Limited seating: there are 50 seats that can be reserved. Let us know you would like to reserve a seat, either in the "Special Requests" field on the PayPal order form below, or via email.
- There is a "Friends of Okemo Valley TV" special package, which includes 2 reserved seats, 1 horse sponsorship (for the charity betting- see below), & 2 annual memberships to Okemo Valley TV for $150.
- Alternatively, there is an "Early Bird" package, which includes 2 reserved seats + 1 horse sponsorship.
- Reserve your spot below!
CHARITY BETTING / HORSE SPONSORSHIPS
- We will be showing the live Kentucky Derby event (post time is 6:34 PM), as well as a series of syndicated horse races on video.
- There will be"charity betting" on the Derby and the other races.
- You can sponsor & name your own horse, place bets on the races. There will be prizes for the winners.
- Horse sponsorships are available for $50/each (your name or your organization's name will appear in the event program).
- Sponsor your horse below! (all bets will be placed at the event itself)
A big "THANK YOU" to this year's event sponsors- Okemo Mountain Resort (our host), William Raveis Real Estate / VT Properties, Stemwinder / Wine & Cheese Depot, Jim Alic, Ludlow Insurance Agency, The Book Nook, Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers, & Four Seasons Sotheby's International.