Click here for a List of Resources
(from Okemo Valley Chamber of Commerce)
Watch the latest "Spotlight" (recorded via video conference), to learn about the Town of Ludlow's Emergency Management plan:
In an effort to help cope with social distancing and self-isolation, Dr. Linda Thomson, a licensed hypnotherapist, has offered this half hour session for you to enjoy:
Update: May 8, 2020
For the past 8 weeks, we have been working remotely, and have adapted to making TV in different ways (mostly through teleconferencing). From Chamber of Commerce workshops with the SBA to local economic updates, daily updates from Senate President Tim Ashe, regular press briefings from the Governor, story time readings from the Cavendish Library, local government meetings over Zoom, daily distance learning science classes from Fairbanks Museum, & much more, we are feverishly bringing programming to local TV (and our website & You Tube channels). This would not all be possible without a strong network of colleagues in community media throughout Vermont. Through our collaborative work, we are able to bring you a continuous stream of timely local and regional news, information, educational programming, as well as entertainment. We invite everyone in the community to put us to use. We accept media of all kinds - including cell phone videos, audio recordings, Zoom meetings, and on & on. Get in touch! As the Governor begins to loosen restrictions after May 15th, we will soon be back working in the station at a regular basis. Of course, special precautions will be made as we get back to some sense of normalcy.
Update: March 25, 2020
Following the Governor's "Stay Home" executive order on March 24th, our facility will remain closed for the time being. We are getting creative about how we can continue to provide valuable media resources and information to the local community. We are doing this by using teleconferencing to record video and share information, as well as through our community calendar / TV bulletin board . We invite anyone with information to share or requests to submit it to us by email or by calling Patrick at (802) 356-6027. As an update to the information we shared on March 13th (below), we will not be using the studio to record or hosting gathering of any kind inside our facility for the time being, effective immediately.We will continue to post updates here related to our operation during these unprecedented times.
Date: March 13, 2020
In response to the outbreak of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, we are taking several precautions, which means temporarily modifying our operations. The goal is to protect the health of our staff, volunteers, and the community members around us, while also providing any services that we are still able to provide, in order to serve the community as a valuable media resource.
Concerning Facility & Equipment Use
- Our facility in the Ludlow Community Center is currently closed to the public-at-large, but our equipment & services are available by appointment
- We will continue to loan our equipment to members of the public, with discretion on a case-by-case basis. Requests should be made by calling the station at 228-8808 or by emailing Patrick .
- Non-essential business meetings or other appointments are discouraged for the time being.
- We are taking all precautionary measures. All equipment is being be wiped down with disinfectant wipes before being put away. This goes for staff use as well as any public use and includes cameras, microphones, headphones, tripods, stands, cables, & all other gear.
Programming, Production, & Other Services:
- We will continue to program and operate our 2 channels 24/7. We have plenty of local, regional, and statewide programs. Our weekly grids and daily schedules, as always, are available on the website, okemovalley.tv/schedules.
- New local programs will be posted to this website as well as our You Tube channel
- We will continue to record local government meetings, as they occur and will remain in contact with local municipal officials about any changes in schedules, cancelations, etc.
- We will use discretion when considering other field production assignments for staff
- We have begun to publish videos and other information related to COVID-19, from the CDC, State of Vermont, and other sources, and will continue to do so.
- We encourage the local municipalities and organizations in our service area to send us information that they would like to share with the community. We will create bulletins for our community calendar / TV bulletin board and can share on social media. As always, we encourage anyone to send us information to do so through the website, okemovalley.tv/calendar. News & information may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here is a PSA from Black River Good Neighbor Services, recorded March 16th:
- We will continue to monitor the phones, emails, and social media platforms. We will also be keeping up with all administrative tasks and functions.
Want to get in touch? Send Patrick an email.
Again, we will be televising & posting videos related to COVID-19 as we receive them. Check "New Videos" on the left sidebar of this website, and the "Videos" page;